Tuesday 29 October 2013

Poetry Corner - A Flashback to the Past


So here is a poem I wrote in two thousand and three and I heard a song which made me dig it out. It was hand written in Philosophy and Ethics because it was better than paying attention.
 
So all I need from you is to see you tomorrow and then the next day just follow your heart.
Is it too much to ask to see you on Sunday, really it is only a plane ticket away.
See I know we live in different countries and it is not the ideal way to start.
But let’s face it you are all I can think about all day and every time we are together all I want to do is stay.
 
I know people have made your promises, they tell you that all I say is just a line.
But that is rich coming from a guy who took out your heart with a knife and blamed you for you not be willing to give it, physically.
All you need to know is that we stick together then all will be okay, it will all be just fine.
See I will be the guy who will heal your wounds over time, see I will persevere and be patient because you are worth it, totally.
 
Just be there at the airport when I arrive and you will see you just have to take my hand to find out what dreams are meant to be.
Soon we won’t have to wait, we will get a place and I will always be the last voice you hear at night and again, again for all the nights that there are.
Every morning we will wake with me there saying “hey” and you will smile staring back at me.
 
Yet anyway, I can’t wait to see tomorrow. It is your birthday, Yep, me and your friends have a wonderful surprise.
Don’t ask me what it is, I do know I just am so awful at telling a lie. So just let it be.
I have got you another present though, yep another teddy, it is the guise.
Although, hopefully it will be a little thing to help you realise that it is not such a bad thing to be in love with me.
 
So I wrote that when I was 16. I am glad I made the words true for 8 years at the least. See if you think that the above is similar to a song. A current song on an album. I’ll let you have the fun of guessing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment